Learn MoreBy Lester Ryan
September 21, 2018
MedClinic is now Mercy Medical Group
Since 1948, Sacramento families have turned to MedClinic for quality, compassionate medical care. And, for more than a century, the name
Mercy has been synonymous with Sacramento. Today, the two come together—closer than ever before. MedClinic is now Mercy Medical Group,
a service of CHW Medical Foundation.
Though much has changed over the years, our commitment to quality healthcare is stronger than ever. In 1993, MedClinic affiliated with Catholic Healthcare West and Mercy through the establishment of CHW Medical Foundation. Today, we’ve further strengthened that bond to continue offering you—our valued patients—Daily Excellence.
What is excellence?
Excellence is truly listening, being an extension of our patients and giving them a voice in the most important decisions of their lives.
Excellence is offering the best doctors, convenient locations and state-of-the-art technologies. Mercy Medical Group added more than 70 physicians over the past two years and plans are underway for new offices in Folsom and Natomas. Additionally, electronic medical record systems and advanced imaging equipment are just some of the operational upgrades planned in the months to come.
Excellence is deeper expertise, greater compassion and stronger outcomes. Everyday, Mercy assures you and your family a level of medical excellence unmatched in its expertise, compassion and outcomes. Mercy’s healthcare mission is powered by the belief that by delivering an unmatched standard of quality and personal care, we enable the practice of medicine to fulfill the promise of medicine.
If you are faced with the decision of choosing a healthcare provider for your family, make the choice for Daily Excellence—choose Mercy Medical Group.
Why choose Mercy Medical Group
- We have seven medical office facilities conveniently located throughout the Sacramento area, with a medical staff of more than 150 providers, including Primary Care Physicians and specialists in 22 specialties.
- We are affiliated with area hospitals nationally recognized for service excellence and quality healthcare, including the three Mercy hospitals and Methodist Hospital.
- As a large multi-specialty group, we provide “seamless” primary and specialty care, respecting the needs of each individual patient.
- We offer extended evening, weekend and holiday care, available at many locations.
- Our 24-hour Advice Nurse service is available free to Mercy Medical Group patients.
- We offer many on-site services, including Lab and X-ray, for added convenience.
Gregory L. Cooper, DPM, MBA
Chief Medical Officer
Podiatric School and graduation year: Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine – Cleveland, OH; 1979
Management School and graduation year: University of California, Los Angeles – Anderson Graduate School of Management; 1996
Residency: Cleveland Foot Clinic – Cleveland, OH; 1979-80
Certifications: Diplomate, American Board of Podiatric Surgery
Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
Ankle Surgery Certification, State of California
National Board of Podiatric Examiners
Affiliations: Member, Medical Group Management Association
Member, American Podiatric Medical Association
Member, California Podiatric Medical Association
Member, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons