During the month of January, Mercy and Raley’s are partnering to bring you the Healthy Gourmet Sweepstakes. In addition to the chance of winning one of several exciting Healthy Gourmet prizes, we’ll help you keep your New Year’s resolutions by sharing tips for healthy eating and healthy life.
Who says you have to give up great tasting gourmet foods to have a healthy diet? By choosing wisely when it comes to the foods you eat, you can enjoy gourmet meals, while still giving your body the energy it needs and maintaining a healthy weight. In addition, by eating healthy you help your body fight infections and prevent diseases like heart disease, diabetes, stroke, osteoporosis and some cancers.
Here are some healthy living tips:
– Drink plenty of water. Aim for 64 ounces a day.
– Eat at least five to nine servings of fruits and vegetables each day. Fruits and veggies are good sources of vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances needed for good health. Look for dark green and deep yellow vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, romaine, carrots, chilies and peppers.
– Choose healthy snacks, including California Grown fresh fruits and vegetables (available at your neighborhood Raley’s and Bel Air stores).
– Use less sugar. Try fresh or canned California Grown fruits for dessert instead of deserts high in sugar and low in nutrition.
– Choose whole grains. Wheat, rice and oats are important sources of vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates and fiber. Good sources include whole grain bread, rice and pasta.
– Limit fats in your diet to no more than thirty percent of your daily calories. Choose lean meats like California Grown chicken and remove the skin. Broil, bake or grill instead of frying.
– Season foods with herbs and spices instead of adding salt while cooking and at the table.
– Choose low- and non-fat dairy products like California Grown milk, cheese, yogurt and cottage cheese. Limit margarine, butter, and cream.
We want to help you have a healthy new year. Stop into your neighborhood Raley’s and Bel Air stores to register for the Healthy Gourmet Sweepstakes, register online at kymx.com, or mail a 3×5 card with your name, address and phone number to Infinity Broadcasting, 280 Commerce Circle, Sacramento, CA 95815, Attention: AL. Entries must be received by Sunday, Jan. 29.
Also, plan to join Mercy as we celebrate the Healthy Gourmet at a Raley’s or Bel Air store near you with a live broadcast by Mix96. Our registered dietician will be there to give you more healthy living tips and answer your questions about eating and living well.
Friday, Jan. 13 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. at the Natomas Raley’s
Wednesday, Jan. 18 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. at the El Dorado Hills Raley’s
Friday, Jan. 20 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. at the Raley’s store at Madison and Hazel
Friday, Jan. 27 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. at the Laguna Bel Air store
Sweepstakes grand prize includes:
– Gourmet dining experience for winner and up to five guests
– Complete fitness assessment and custom nutritional program by Mercy
– A customized healthy eating shopping trip with a Registered Dietician
– Free groceries from Raley’s/Bel Air for a month
– CA Grown gift basket
You may also win lots of other great Healthy Gourmet prizes like a complete fitness assessment and custom nutritional program by Mercy, a customized healthy eating shopping trip with Raley’s and Bel Air Registered Dietician, free groceries for a month and a California Grown Gift Basket.
Good luck, and we at Mercy with you a Happy, Healthy New Year!